Thursday, October 7, 2010

My mommy....

My mommy has been asking about when I would update my blog... so I thought I would do so quickly now. Life is good because God is good... when we start looking at like from a Kingdom perspective, we see a lot of amazing things and understand even our failures and sufferings in a different light.
I am currently on midterm break from school. I cant believe I have been in Kenya for over a year, but at the same time, I can totally believe it... life is here! My classes are pretty good this term. I have Systematic Theology with Dr Black- let me tell you, this guy is all about deconstructing our preconceived notions and brainwashed traditions and challenging us to think for ourselves and know what we believe and why. Its tough and amazing. Then there is homiletics (preaching)- will give my first exegetical sermon at NEGST in a week... any suggestions on passage to use? Greek- what?!? You know the saying "It's all Greek to me!" Imagine actually studying Greek... let's just say I took my midterm exam yesterday and left there like, "I either got 100% or 50%." Not a great feeling... but its over with and all i can do is pray that God will help through the rest of the three terms of Greek :) And finally, I have Pentateuch (first five books in OT). It is really interesting as well, seeing as though it is my first Bible book class at NEGST. I just turned in a paper on Deception on Genesis that really challenged me and made my ask questions I had never thought of asking before.
Then, there is ministry. I am still singing with Nairobi Chapel Worship team and loving it! Also, am leading YUP (Youth with Unlimited Potential). It is on NEGST campus. A lot of the youth seem to live their lives with little accountability or instruction on things that interest them, things that really matter to them in their lives as youth. We meet every Monday for a few hours. This term, we just finished our series on music (thank you Kerah and DJ Krowbar) and will begin our next series on relationships after the midterm break. God is doing amazing things in the lives of the youth- truly transforming their minds and therefore, there actions to be focused on Him and His ways! Also part of YUP, we have the YUP band- we try to lead chapel at least once a term... this is a time for the youth to get exposed in the area of using their musical gifts for the Lord... also been awesome!
Suvia Childrens Home is doing well. I visited a few months ago and plan on visiting Oct 23rd. I will update yall on how that goes. This time we are partnering with many people. My E-group (Bible Study) will do a program in the morning of songs and skits and crafts and games. We will eat lunch with the girls, then K-krew guys will do an awesome concert for the community. Furthermore, I have some amazing friends who are donating dresses and other things to the girls that we will deliver on that day! (Thanks to everyone involved!)
What else? Plan on giving some vocal lessons to youth. Tried guitar lessons again... but decided need to do it at a time when the time and passion are both there. Hope to start painting and writing songs again. Been supporting my three little girls from church. Friends are good, although the move off campus as changed many of those friendship dynamics in good and sad ways. My E-group is awesome- iMPRINT! Although, we have been going through some tough times- many friends and family members of iMPRINT members have passed away in the last two months (keep them in your prayers). Anything else will have to wait to be updated next time... I just got served uji by my wonderful roommates- Sally na Marion! Gotta go! Peace and love!

2 comments:

  1. again...so proud of you. i must make the visit to come see you before you end up back in the states...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am too proud of you that even after visiting the girls when you first came with the World servants you still do more and more and also encouraging more people to visit them,do you know how much it means to visit a person ?leave alone giving something to them? Kelly for sure you have a big heart and your heart is there ,the place where you bend and wrote"my heart is here".
    Please pray for me that i may find a better job where i won't have to go to work on Sunday so that i can worship the Lord the way i do and more to that have fellowship with believers.CHEEEEEERS AND ALWAYS REM "IT IS GOOD TO BE GOOD".

    ReplyDelete